Tuesday, March 29, 2011

happy 2 year blog-iversary: a house tour

Two years of blogging, and can you believe it- all of 5 posts!  TOTAL!  I know, I know.  I can barely handle it.  

I know my posting has been sporadic at times, and I certainly have many updates I need to make, still... BUT I wanted to look back at the original and remind myself of how far it's come.  It's hard not to beat yourself up for not doing something every weekend or still having unfinished edges to a room.  I also have the silly dream that there are new readers that may not know how much of a dump I got myself into... so there's a little bit of bragging angled towards them.  Nannie-Nannie Boo-Boo!


Most of the before pictures were from the virtual tour the listing agent posted, as I forget my camera on move-in weekend.  Which was also demolition weekend.  I'll try to capture with my eloquent words how these rooms were when I was handed over the keys...

Rec Room

BEFORE








AFTER






Now is when we start the list of outdated photos for me to update... starting with this guy.  We have curtains and a rug and other decorative items (see more here, here, here and here.)  More on the aquarium here, here and here.




Man cave

BEFORE





AFTER






Long-overdue update #2.  These bookcases aren't even IN there anymore!  I mean, honestly.  This room has our DVD collection, our entertainment center, and a fabulous futon (see the transformation and the coffee table staining.)

Guest Room #1

BEFORE





AFTER






haHA!  This is what the room still looks like!  Take THAT, neglectfulness!  I hope to get curtains, a new pendant light, and paint the dressers....


(I guess I only posted about the soda-candle-glasses and not the room as it is.  Still good!  Still good.)



Guest Room #2

BEFORE





AFTER



More to come on this one.... but for now here's the history of this stupid room and a look at plans for it (yes, that makes #3 out-of-date.)



Downstairs Bathroom

BEFORE








AFTER


(Suspiciously missing.  #4.)



Kitchen

BEFORE







AFTER





Working on this post... technically, this is #5 (the kitchen previously.)



Dining Room

BEFORE





AFTER




And THIS one is spot-on!  Maybe a little shelf rearranging, but that is it!  Totally kicking butt.  (For chandelier spray painting and candle stick spray painting, follow da links!)


Living Room

BEFORE









AFTER






Uh, #6?  Yeah, working on this too (in the meantime, look at the bar!  And the previous orange color scheme!)



Upstairs Bathroom


BEFORE





AFTER
Office

BEFORE






AFTER




Really really out-of-date, (#7,) but at least you see the wall paint and the rug?  That amounts to something, right?  RIGHT?!?!


Master Bedroom

BEFORE





AFTER



Done! (painting, curtain-closet, and new duvet posts.. check 'em out!)

Front Yard

BEFORE







AFTER




Sure sure, I will update this too (as of now you have just seen the bench and the original.)  #8.



Back Yard

BEFORE







AFTER




What is this, like the second one that is actually current?  Go me.  For the full pain that is our backyard plight, see posts 1, 2, 3 and 4.


many of these should be "CURRENTLY" instead of AFTER...

Oh, and yes I am posting this exact post to the House Tour page.  Some may call that laziness, but I call it "proper budgeting of time and resources."

No comments:

Post a Comment