Friday, March 25, 2011

furniture painting inspiration and weekend plans

Otherwise known as: Biting Off More Than I Can Chew.

picture & inspiration: ApartmentTherapy

I want to paint my old & banged up twin bed RED!  However, I think I am going to give spray paint a whirl with this guy- so many bumps & crevices... I think it's the best form of attack.

You see, I have a bee under my bonnet.  Where, the "bee" is all the mis-matched woods that were free hand-me-downs, and the "bonnet" is my house.  It just looks bleh (technical term).  So my solution to all the dinged up, mis-matched furniture?  STAIN or PAINT THEM ALL!!!!

Side Panel:  How many painted pieces of furniture is too many?  For a house?  For a room?  Discuss.

remind me to tell you about that little lamp... 

Anyways, so the dressers in the grey guest room (or seen here) were hand-me-downs from a neighbor.  As you can see in the pictures, some of the hardware is kinda hanging off.  And no, I haven't thought to spend 5 seconds of my crazy busy day to fix those.  It's avant garde.

So, as you can see, there's a yellow & grey thing going on in this room.  My vision is to kick that color scheme up a little bit with a lil' bit of yellow dresses!  KA-POW!

picture: DesignSponge

picture: Joyful

Love.  Yellow makes me so happy.  

So, weekend plans include either tackling the horrible scariness that is the backyard, starting one of the above painting projects (should PROBABLY pick up some primer first...), caulking a long-problem area in the kitchen (ooo, vague mystery!), or doing nothing but baking cakes.  Decisions, decisions.

BIG news coming tomorrow!!!  Stay tuned, class!

No comments:

Post a Comment