Tuesday, September 28, 2010

paintin pumpkins


This year the need to decorate hit me like a tidal wave.  Like a ton of bricks. Like a... like a... ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb!  So, when I saw these pumpkins, I felt inspired and wanted them all for myself.


They are crazy easy, and crazy cheap.  For under $10, I picked up some ceramic and foam pumpkins from Tuesday Morning and Michaels.  Then, another $5 for spray paint, and VOILA!




So, a layer of plaint white (to kinda smooth the lines.)  Then a layer, or five, of the metallic paint...  






Let dry. Arrange. 




And bask in their glory.  


So, whaddaya think?  I had a moment where I thought it odd to start decorating a house that is 1/2 done, (I mean, come on!  The window behind these decorations is lacking, you know, TRIM.)  But... what the hell.  Tis the season for pumpkins!!!




Oh, and pay no attention to those pine cones.  Their day in the spotlight will come soon enough.

1 comment: