Friday, December 9, 2011

modg's wana

I'm sure you are all tired of me NOT posting.  Then saying I'm back.  Then not being back.  Hell, you've all probably forgotten about me.  No matter!

Posting something amazing:

priceless art from MODG

I admit it.  I follow a personal blog of someone I don't know.  I blame her awesome nursery for it.  But, it's a hilarious blog, so doesn't matter.  Anyways, I am drawing attention her her blog, and specifically this post, because it's something I want to support as much as I can.

what it is: 
 Essentially, a "forum" or place for those who want to help others to connect with those in serious need to help (like, I-can't-afford-a-present-AT-ALL-for-my-child families).  This means anything from sending used clothes & toys to sending brand-new gifts or making care packages.

why:
Other than "Tis the Season" and all, there was a judgmental comment on MODG's post about the birthday party thrown for her son regarding her personal finances.  MODG responded with a post sarcastically saying she's Donald Trump's mentor, only to be met with comments from readers supporting her and ones explaining the hard or good times they are in.  The magic came when other commentators responded to those down on their luck offering help.  And from the spirit behind those comments, this drive was born.

So, if I can help by spreading the word, then that's what I will do.  Should you want to help a family in need (or just want a good tear-jerker (whatever, it's dusty in here)), GO HERE.


--------

I'll be back this weekend with a post about how I took crap around my house in attempts to make it look less like "crap" and more like "holiday cheer".  Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment